The Wire is an independent, not-for-profit publication out of New Delhi, India. Openings are listed below:
Copy Editor/Senior Copy Editor
Date of posting: June 27, 2016
- Edit stories according to our stylesheet such that they are readable, thorough and devoid of factual, or any other, inconsistencies
- Track national and international news developments from news agencies, social media and other sources in order to identify stories that The Wire could cover
- Add value to our stories in the form of properly sourced and identified images, video and multimedia, hyperlinks/sourcing/fact-checking, headlines and summaries, social media commentary, timelines, charts, etc.
- Be adept at sharing stories on Facebook and Twitter, be constantly aware of trends, and aware of how sharing and campaigns on social media work
- Draft reports when relevant news breaks with all the necessary information written in a lucid style in a highly time-constrained environment
- 2-3 years’ experience working in the newsroom of a reputed news organisation
- Great writing, editing and proofreading skills, and great communication skills overall
- Familiarity with using news-wire and syndication services, and publishing on Facebook and Twitter
The job will based out of our office in Gole Market, New Delhi. If you’re interested in applying, please send your CV with a cover letter (specifying the job for which you want to apply) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Dalit, adivasi and minority candidates are encouraged to apply.
for Further Details http://thewire.in/