NEWDELHI: How to store our important Documents like Education certificates and all other certificates? here is the solution from Government of India. It provides a DigiLocker to Every citizen of India. DigiLocker provides a personal storage space in the cloud to Indian citizens.
Organizations that are registered with DigiLocker can push electronic copies of documents and certificates (e.g. driving license, Voter ID, School certificates) directly into citizens’ lockers. Citizens can also upload scanned copies of their legacy documents in their accounts. These legacy documents can be electronically signed using the eSign facility provided in DigiLocker.
A citizen can share these electronic certificates online with various agencies while applying for the services provided by them.
How does DigiLocker work?
To sign up for a DigiLocker account, you need to have an Aadhaar number. There are two ways to sign up:
1. Mobile OTP: Use this method if your Aadhaar number is linked to your mobile number. Once you enter the Aadhaar number on the Sign Up page, a “One Time Password” (OTP) is sent to your mobile through SMS.
2. Biometric: If you have a biometric device attached to your computer, you can sign up by scanning your fingerprint. After successful OPT or biometric validation, you are asked to create a username and password. This completes the sign up process.
How is DigiLocker going to help you?
The DigiLocker platform has the following benefits:
1. Citizens can now access their digital documents anytime, anywhere and share it online. This is convenient and time-saving.
2. It reduces the administrative overhead of Government departments by minimizing the use of paper.
3. DigiLocker makes it easier to validate the authenticity of documents as they are issued directly by the registered issuers.
4. Self-uploaded documents can be eSigned which is similar to the process of self-attestation.